Monday, March 5, 2012

Piercing the Darkness - 5 stars



Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti

This book changed my faith and therefore, changed my life. Before reading this book, I wasn't much of a prayer warrior. I just didn't always see the effects of my prayers and didn't have the faith to continue. Then, I read this book.

Sally Beth Roe lives alone, and seems to like it that way. She tries to stay out of other people's business and hopes that others will give her the same courtesy. As the norm for people who just want to be alone, Sally Beth Roe is hiding something. It is something in her past that threatens to come up and haunt her again.

What grabbed me about this book, was how powerful the theme of prayer was. Of course, you have the story about Sally Beth Roe, but this book also has a secondary story about the powers and the angels fighting for her. The Bible talks about the fact that we are in a battle not with flesh and blood but with the powers of the air. Frank Peretti makes this battle more real.

A fiction book, that changed my prayer life...I give this one 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment