Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dangerous Mercy - 4 stars


 Dangerous Mercy by Kathy Herman

There is a bathtub killer on the loose.

And Adele Woodmore has a tendency to trust people too easily. As an elderly lady, she finds help in the most unlikely places. She employs men from the halfway house in town, hoping to make a difference in their lives. When one of them ends up dead, she begins wondering if there is more going on than she is willing to admit. Her most trusted helper, Murray, continues growing on her. She wants to get to know him better, but finds that he wants to hide his past. With the death toll growing, the town begins to lose their hope and faith.


I found this book to be a great story on faith in God. I personally, can't imagine being okay with people dying in my town and knowing that there is a serial killer on the loose. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. Adele, is in the midst of all of this and yet her unwavering faith is a pillar of strength for others. I know God is there for me and will take care of me, but I am not sure I would have the same faith in that situation. Her faith ends up being what saves the person who needs grace so desperately.

This books reminds me of this news story I heard a few years ago, ABC News story

4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment