Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dawn's Prelude - 5 stars



Dawn's Prelude by Tracie Peterson

Tracie Peterson weaves stories with such depth and detail. I find myself disappointed each time I finish a book, I want more!

Lydia isn't very grieved about her husband's death, in a way, it is a relief. She has experienced more of life's hardships in her short marriage than many people experience in a lifetime. When she moves to Alaska to get away from the rest of her "family" she finds herself experiencing peace for one of the first times in her life. When news gets out that she is pregnant with her dead husband's child, the rest of the family come looking for her. It is very obvious they only want one thing; her inheritance, and they will stop at nothing to get it.

I loved this book. I found myself wrapped up in the story of Lydia and the past she is trying to escape. Tracie Peterson beautifully combines suspense, romance and God's grace. This book reminds me of the verse that "God works out all things for good, according to His purpose, to those who are called according to His will." Romans 8:28

5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment