Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Convenient Groom - 3 stars


The Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter

Can you imagine the pain of getting jilted at the altar?

 That is the situation Kate Lawrence finds herself in when an unlikely hero comes into the picture. Kate has her life mapped out, she is happy only when everything is planned and perfectly controlled. Lucas Wright might possibly be the exact opposite of her. As a counselor herself, Kate can't see how the marriage can possibly work out.

When they find themselves in a marriage of convenience, they have to learn how to live with their differences. And how to convince the rest of the world.

I found this book pleasing, yet shallow. The characters didn't really captivate me, neither did they change and mold with the progression in the book. Although the story is sweet, it wasn't a story that I will forever remember.

I will note that I was disappointed by the lack of spiritual themes in the book. I don't recall Christ or God even being mentioned. It is a clean book, but not a Christian one.

3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment