Saturday, May 26, 2012

Firestrorm - 4 stars

Firestorm by Lisa Tawn Bergren



Reyne Oldre is a wildfire firefighter. She has battled the demon of fires and won. In the process though, she gained a few demons of her own to fight.

Logan McCabe is a smoke jumper; arrogant, confident and passionate about life.

When the two collide in an unlikely meeting, their worlds get flipped upside down. Reyne must battle the fire in her heart as she learns to fight the demons from her past.

I found this book captivating, as the wife of a firefighter. I also have wanted to be a wildfire firefighter in my past, so this was very intriguing. I think the conflict with the fires and fighting the fires was well written and researched.

I admit that I struggled with the relationship between Reyne and Logan, many times it seemed too good to be true. (As is often the case in fiction) I would have enjoyed more conflict between them, to build the suspense of their relationship.

I thought the story of Reyne and her two close friends was beautiful, although it brought me to tears. You have to read it to see why.

I did enjoy the fact that both Reyne and Logan looked to God to be their strength in the middle of storms and conflict. It was an encouragement and an inspiration.

I received this book compliments of WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.

4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment